A good friend has interviewed for a Country Director position with the Peace Corps. If hired, she and her family will be packing up and moving to an as-yet unknown location to manage the Peace Corps program in her assigned country. She’s fabulously qualified for this specialized Federal job and I look forward to visiting her, especially if she ends up in Jamaica, Thailand, Fiji, or Madagascar.
Her possible move has me thinking about dream jobs. Staying away from a few sophomoric hormone-induced fantasies, here’s my top ten list:
1. Professional sleeper. You might not make a lot of money, but opportunities actually do exist. And maybe you could combine this gig with some of the others on the list and actually make a living.
2. Rock star. Sleep late. Travel. Play music. Be adored.
4. Surfing Instructor. They’re hiring in Sydney, Australia! (I’ve never surfed, but I could learn!)
5. Island CareTaker. Your employer owns multiple houses and they need someone to help care for their tropical vacation home year-round.
7. Food Critic. I’d love to get paid to eat and write like Washington Post food critic Tom Sietsema.
8. Vacationer. Like a mystery shopper but ten times better: Travel to exotic locations and upscale resorts to report on your experience!
9. Honeymoon Tester. Recently in the news; talk about a job with benefits! Get paid to test out the most romantic wedding and honeymoon destinations around the world for six months. I bet I could talk my spouse into that one.
You may notice I didn’t include any human resources jobs, but I will point out that CareerBuilder has a long list of great sounding HR positions in Hawaii!
And number ten? Drum roll, please.
10. Blogger. Here’s a list of the top ten highest paid bloggers from Madconomist, all making $250,000 and up.
What sweet jobs are in your Top Ten?
photo by man’s pic