|Author: Vijay Gaikwad|
Now days everyone is looking for relevant traffic to your website. Generating traffic towards your website is not an easy task but you can manage it by following these tips and tricks :
1) Include relevant content, relevant to your page description and Meta keywords.
2) Instead of changing your URL or redirecting from your old URL to your new URL, follow Google’s procedure on URL changes to make sure your new site doesn’t get skipped, or just avoid URL changes if you can.
3) Don’t post duplicate content on your site, so if you quote another page only include a small excerpt and don’t repeat your own content on multiple pages.
4) Avoid flash, even though it looks cool, flash and animated banners and intros annoy visitors and search engine bots don’t read them.
5) Submit to quality directories.
6) Make sure your robot.txt files are not blocking destination URLs that you do not want blocked.
7) Choose your Meta keywords wisely and include them in your content.
8) Strive to obtain quality links into your site.
9) If you use icon or image links, include a text link.
10) If you operate an affiliate site, make your site a valuable resource, so people chose your site rather than go straight to your affiliate.
11) Add a site map.
12) Don’t use link schemes.
13) Write specific content, so searches can find applicable results. Instead of writing “books,” write “medical text books” or “organic cookbooks”; be specific.
14) If you include low quality links on your site, block them from being scanned by Googlebot.
15) Don’t break up your content too much, like loads of banner ads and so on in the middle or your text, irritates readers and bots.
16) Write unique and compelling content.
17) Don’t forget to include your page descriptions.
18) Don’t bury text content in images.
19) Look for un-indexed URLs. URL with more than a few parameters or dynamic links may be skipped.
20) Stay up-to-date on SEO, your strategies need to constantly evolve.
21) Deliver what you promise, don’t drive readers to inapplicable or irrelevant pages.
22) Carefully consider your titles, make sure to include targeted keywords.
23) Don’t forget humour or other devices that attract and keep readers.
24) Add text links with anchor links.
25) Start a blog or forum if it makes sense on your site.
26) Join BBB or your local Chamber of Commerce or other reputable business associations.
27) Submit articles to respectable and active article sites.
28) Add Alt tags to images for people that disable images.
29) Validate and 508 your site for accessibility.
30) Submit your business description to Wikipedia or other popular information sites.
31) Consider adding maps or mashups.
32) Submit to multiple search engines.
33) Consider marketing some of your sub pages or articles that have less competition.
34) Don’t forget good old-fashion PR.
35) Consider adding an RSS feed.
36) Write “top ten” lists, which are popular with article search sites.
37) Build a good site that others want to link to.
38) Eliminate grammar and spelling errors.
40) Avoid hidden text and links.
41) Keep your content up-to-date.
42) Don’t employ redirects or “cloaking.”
43) Don’t create pages with bad content, like viruses, Trojans, Malware and so on.
44) Steer clear of empty, unoriginal affiliate pages.
45) Make sure every page is assessable through at least one static text link.
46) Use text, instead of images to relate important content.
47) Check for broken links.
48) Don’t put too many links on one page, even if it is a resource page, keep it well under 100.
49) Be leery of badly placed session IDs and arguments.
50) Employ the IF-Modified-Since HTTP header to let Google know if your content has changed.
Click Here to read our latest articles related to blogs.