Thought-full Thursday is a new feature on this site. It will be very brief, a quote or brief passage followed with some thoughtful questions. Feel free to respond to the questions here, or to simply to reflect and revel in the beauty of the questions that you don’t know the answers to. Why am I doing this on a site dedicated to leadership? Because all leaders can use a little more thought and silence in their lives.
“We know the experience of being listened to by painfully experiencing its opposite.” ~ unknown
- Recall a time when you felt listened to. What did you feel? Where did you feel it?
- What is the personal value for you when you listen? How do others value from your listening?
- What distractions prevent you from listening?
- What beliefs keep you from listening?
- What will it take for you to turn away from the distractions and change your beliefs so that you really listen?