The Social Ecosystem message is gaining traction

The Social Ecosystem.  I have defined The Social Ecosystem as providing a structure within which all types of organizations live and interact.  This ecosystem is open and inclusive of both public and private organizations and remains independent of geography and language.

In very simple terms The Social Ecosystem is a framework for a common language, a common set of practices to help organizations of all types across all geographies to deal with the 80% of the challenges that are common across all types of organizations.  The remaining 20% is where organizational and marketplace differences come in, and where people should be focusing their time.  There is no need to constantly complicate this process and regularly re-invent the wheel.
 
To fully define a system that can represent the common 80%, however, it is critical broaden the number of people thinking about, defining, and speaking about the system.  To this end I have invited several people to begin contributing articles to this blog about The Social Ecosystem.  The articles will:

  • Make it clear why a common language and a common set of practices are needed.
  • Explain different aspects of The Social Ecosystem, ranging from leadership to customer service to marketing to acquisitions and more.

Our first new contributor is Aaron Howard.  Aaron has held executive management positions across B2B, consumer and large enterprise segments spanning technology, Internet, digital media, entertainment, gaming, interactive education, biomedical devices and financial services. He has held senior executive positions within publicly traded companies, startups, lead many M&A projects and been directly responsible for introducing direct consumer sales into product distribution. Aaron has created distribution channels for retail, direct, VAR, OEM and online businesses. He has a proven track record in raising strategic/venture capital and is a strong negotiator. Aaron has hands-on M&A experience (asset and stock), both purchase and sale side and has managed joint ventures, strategic investments and other intellectual property based deal structures and licenses. Aaron is a leader with experience managing teams ranging from startups to over 600 people.

Aaron will be focused on leadership within The Social Ecosystem.  The NOW system of leadership/management has a proven track record and it aligns well with the thinking that has gone into The Social Ecosystem.  Aaron’s first post will be published tomorrow and will be the first of many in this area.

As other contributors are able to share content I will introduce them.  Are you interested in making your own contribution?

John

Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to Del.icio.usAdd to StumbleuponAdd to RedditAdd to BlinklistAdd to TwitterAdd to TechnoratiAdd to Yahoo BuzzAdd to Newsvine

Filed under: Social Ecosystem Tagged: Social Ecosystem
Link to original post

Avatar

Leave a Reply