Smartbrief is a great resource
If you are not familiar with the various Smartbrief business to business newsletters that are available for free via email subscription, you should be. It is an excellent way to stay topically up-to-date every day!
If you read this blog regularly, you may have noticed the Smartbrief on Workforce widget to the right of this article. You may also notice the badge indicating that I am a member on the Smartbrief on Workforce industry advisory board, along with a number of other highly qualified individuals from the HR/Social Media space. It is our role to help provide meaningful content. That newsletter and several others are managed and edited by my friend, Mary Ellen Slayter.
SmartBrief on Workforce has 42,503 subscribers. Another great newsletter that they just recently started publishing, Smartbrief on Career already already has 10,625 subscribers and is still growing! They have numerous other topical categories for their newsletters, including social media, leadership, and numerous industry sectors. Check them all out here and sign up for some today!
Mary Ellen is kind enough to provide a monthly summary of her top articles. Here are the top 10 links from Smartbrief on Workforce and the top 5 posts from Smartblog on Workforce.
February’s Top 10 stories from SmartBrief on Workforce
- 3 keys to an empty inbox: http://www.fastcompany.com/article/work-smart-conquering-your-e-mail-inbox
- EEOC ordered to pay $4.56 million after case dismissed: http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNLJ.jsp?id=1202443635800
- 6 ways to improve your work relationships: http://alexandralevit.typepad.com/wcw/2010/02/practice-good-karma-at-work.html
- Solve the snow-day dilemma: http://www.hrcapitalist.com/2010/02/inclement-freaking-weather-its-a-problem-of-motivation-bob.html
- How HR failed to put the brakes on Toyota’s faulty cars: http://www.ere.net/2010/02/15/a-think-piece-how-hr-caused-toyota-to-crash/
- How to nail that internal promotion: http://smartblogs.com/workforce/2010/02/22/cindy-kraft-on-why-you-need-to-go-niche/
- AIG turns to “forced ranking” to calculate bonuses: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/11/business/11aig.html
- Container Store shows employees the Valentine’s Day love: http://blog.nrf.com/2010/02/14/container-store-ceo-gives-inside-scoop-on-we-love-our-employees-day/
- How to make a greater impact when speaking: http://www.talentmgt.com/industry_news/2010/February/5124/index.php
- What great salespeople are really worth: http://www.fistfuloftalent.com/2010/02/when-the-carrot-becomes-the-joke.html
February’s Top 5 stories from SmartBlog on Workforce
- Cindy Kraft, on why you need to go niche: http://smartblogs.com/workforce/2010/02/22/cindy-kraft-on-why-you-need-to-go-niche/
- Survey scores take a dip? Great: http://smartblogs.com/workforce/2010/02/23/survey-scores-take-a-dip-great/
- Whether formal or informal, mentors help you make your way: http://smartblogs.com/workforce/2010/02/16/whether-formal-or-informal-mentors-help-you-make-your-way/
- The list you can stop worrying about: http://smartblogs.com/workforce/2010/02/02/the-list-you-can-stop-worrying-about/
- Do you have what it takes to lose your job? http://smartblogs.com/workforce/2010/02/12/do-you-have-what-it-takes-to-lose-your-job/
Share and Enjoy:
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.