I’m delighted to share that I am on the jury of the Campaign India Digital Media Awards 2011 along with some really capable people:
– Scott Goodson, Founder and CEO, Strawberry Frog
– Neeraj Nayar, President, Contagious Communications India
– Jasmin Sohrabji, MD, OMD India
– Maya Hari, Director, Conde Nast Digital India
– Graham Kelly, ECD, OgilvyOne India
– Max Hegerman, President, Tribal DDB India
– Andrew Knott, Chief Digital Officer, Euro RSCG APAC
– Madan Sanglikar, Partner, Mindshare India
We are done judging the entries and the winners will be announced in Bombay on May 4, 2011.
I have been on several digital and social media marketing award juries of late, including the first Bees Awards, and I am seeing that agencies are putting as much effort in creating the award entries, as in creating the campaigns themselves.
So, here are six tips for agencies for submitting award entries for digital and social media marketing awards:
1. Focus on the remarkable: Ask yourself why your campaign is remarkable and highlight the one or two elements that make it remarkable, instead of listing out all the details.
2. Highlight the BIG idea: Always highlight the BIG idea and the abductive leap of logic through which you arrived at it. If your entry doesn’t have a BIG idea, it’s unlikely to fascinate the judges.
3. Include testimonials: Even if your results speak for themselves, include testimonials from clients, trade publications and other award shows on why your entry should win.
4.Tell a story: Talk about why the brief was challenging, why you decided on the BIG idea, and how you executed it to achieve remarkable results.
5. Create a video: Capture the story of the campaign in a video by including interviews, voice-overs, mockups, screenshots and news clippings.
6. Create an award microsite: Create an award microsite with videos, screenshots, and links to online platforms, along with notes. If your campaign had multiple phases, include screenshots from each phase.
Here’s the bonus 7th tip: once you have created the video and the microsite for the award entry, use them to promote your work elsewhere.
If you have submitted or judged digital or social media awards, do share your insights on the dos and don’t of creating awards entries in the comments below.
If you liked this post, consider inviting me to speak at a conference or workshop, or asking MSLGROUP to create a social media strategy for your brand. Please e-mail me at [email protected], call me at +91-9999856940, or connect with me on Twitter.