Chris Messina (@chrismessina) re-imagines the browser as a “social agent” for Mozilla Labs — and defines how it can do more to facilitate various social behaviors by supporting three verbs that can “socialize” the browsing experience: Connect, Follow, and Share.
– Connect: acting as your social agent, the browser becomes an extension of yourself, making it easier and more secure to participate in the social web
– Follow: as a replacement for the antiquated notion of “subscribing”, “following” becomes the general way to track the activities or feeds associated with a people, brands, celebrities, or social objects.
– Share: as the fundamental activity of the social web, sharing media, content, and information is integrated into the browser and enhanced through making available social connections and publishing services.
I build and nurture online communities as CEO of 2020 Social.
Here are some things you should do:
- Business is Social: Here are Five Reasons Why
- The Myth of Frictonless Free Agent Networks and Anywhere Anywhen Collaboration
- Announcement: Gautam Ghosh Has Joined 2020 Social to Build our Enterprise Practice