On Thursday afternoon, I am sitting on a Social Media panel, speaking to students. Here are my topics:
- How can job seekers market themselves through social media?
- What are the main sites to use? What are the pitfalls to avoid?
- What can a student do to clean up her online presence if she has unprofessional content online?
- How can students find out about job openings through social media?
- Are employers searching for employees through social media, and if so, how can a student enhance her chances of being recruited through social media?
- How does a student build professional connections online, and what’s an appropriate way to contact someone at a company who might be a good resource?
- Do you have any examples of candidates who have used social media effectively when seeking a position, or ineffectively?
I would love to show the benefit of social media. Would you add a comment or two on the topics? I will share you, your site, and your twitter handle with the students.
Thanks for your help!