Museums: Social Media Doesn’t Belong to the Marketing Department (via Know Your Own Bone)

It is important to understand that the use of social business strategies, tactics,and tools are 80% common across The Social Ecosystem. While this is true, the remaining 20% is where your organization can distinguish itself from the rest of the competition. I came across this really good post with insights from the perspective of non-profits, museums in particular, and thought I should share it with you.

John

Museums: Social Media Doesn't Belong to the Marketing Department Social Media Marketing has become a common practice in the business world, and of course, nonprofits have picked up on the benefits of this kind of marketing, too. More than that, nonprofits are rocking the social media marketing scene. But in our nonprofit world– which emphasizes the importance of building relationships to secure donors– pairing social media solely with marketing can cause big problems and overlook the benefits available to or … Read More

via Know Your Own Bone

Filed under: Social Ecosystem Tagged: Social Ecosystem
Link to original post

Avatar

Leave a Reply