My friend Jen Louden is a great teacher. To grow as a teacher or improve the program, teachers need to ask for student feedback. When it’s negative, it can lead to defensive behaviour or second-guessing – neither one very productive.
Whether you are a teacher or not, we can all use a few tips how to give and receive feedback.
I met up with Jen recently and we filmed a helpful video in which we talk about:
- What kind of feedback is helpful and what kind isn’t (the answer is surprising)
- The role the bell curve plays in gathering feedback
- How little feedback Michael listens to
- Michael’s super simple way to gather feedback (which I’m adopting)
- 3 powerful ways to handle difficult or chatty students
- Why creating an experience is as important as the content you teach
There’s plenty of hilarity and it’s jam-packed with truly good stuff. I hope you enjoy.