I have blogged for a while now and have enjoyed every post, every comment, every interaction that has resulted from these written posts. Within the last couple of weeks I began my YouTube channel to add a more rich, complete, experience to my content. Please check it out and subscribe so I know it’s worth the time and effort.
YouTube feels like a no brainer for any organization or person, and with statistics like these, who can argue:
- YouTube content is viewed more than 2 billion times a day.
- The average person spends 15 minutes a day on YouTube.
- YouTube is not a US-only channel, 70% of YouTube traffic is from outside the US
With information like this in front of you why wouldn’t you jump on the video band wagon? I have seen videos, and am using them successfully at Swimfish as well, for customer service efforts around best practices, training, etc.. We are also using more and more videos in the marketing and selling process..
For my blogging efforts I expect viewing numbers to increase slowly, overtime. As with the written word you must deliver great content and must drive awareness of the channel.
I would love to hear from all of you, though, and better understand your thinking around YouTube.
- Do you like video blogs?
- Where do you most often watch these posts (at home, in the office)?
- Do you prefer video vs. audio vs. the written word?
- Did you subscribe to my video channel yet? 🙂