With a specific Goal – defined as a what by when. Work Gets Done
- Goals define Values
- Goals define Motivation
- Goals define What Gets Done
When goals are set organizationally and personally you must decide and define the problem being faced, No problems = No Goals.
Problems start with something you value and need or want that is not immediately available (Jacques; 1998) The value may come in delegated tasks from managers or just something that personally you want solve.
Once the problem is defined you must decide if you value the goal and solution. Values stem from your motivation and choice to accept the challenge or not; Every Goal you make will be in-line with your values and commitments. Once you value the the goal you will find requisite motivation to accomplish it.
Goals define Choices and in order to solve problems that have value a clear understanding and system must be established.
Once the problem being solved has no value you will just choose what “feels right at the time” this creates missed deadlines and misery for you, because
- 1. you are not working in alignment with values and commitments
- 2. you are not clear on how you are evaluated and what is expected.
Once the goal is articulated and explained (by you to yourself or to you by your manager) with clear and distinct Quality:Quantity:Time Frame:Resources with a plan for follow up. You will feel concurrent with your values and commitments, because
- 1. you are taking accountability for the choice
- 2. clear and distinct understanding of what is expected and how to achieve it.
Here’s What’s In It For You
- Coaching and feedback from Mike on your goals and effective steps to achieve success.
- Step-by-Step action process to Setting Goals & Determining Time Span for Completion of tasks.
- Worksheets and a complete action plan to chart and complete your goals.
- Additional materials of how to delegate and prioritize your time.
What does it cost?
When will I receive my content section transcript?
- Immediately upon purchase. It is sent in a zip file that contains all the Goal Setting stuff you need.
When is the Goal Setting field assignment due?
- It would be great if you can send them to me within one week of receiving them. Although if you do not send them that fast that is also alright. I will read and respond to all the field assignments turned in within 72 hours.
I am still not sure about this?
- Alright call 1-716-629-3678 or email me mike (at) create-learning.com, with your questions and I will answer them.