My latest book, entitled Lead the Way, has been published at last. A few months behind schedule, but better late than never.
What’s it about? In a nutshell, how to become a more engaging leader. Here’s the blurb I wrote:
Thinking about what it takes to become a more effective leader? The roadmap to leading effectively is not a secret. In fact, the way has been known for a long time. This little book is an attempt to capture the way, describing it in a practical manner so that anyone who desires to lead can do so.
And not only has the book come out, so has a podcast interview with UK-based Anna Farmery at The Engaging Brand, where we discuss the book.
An accomplished interviewer, Farmery asked me some excellent questions, exploring such topics as:
– the roots of engagement (it starts from within)
– the power of connecting (where the sparks start to fly)
– the language of leadership (we need to use language creatively)
– the levers of engagement (there are many)
– the stress of managing today (and the importance of energy)
– and the importance of peacemaking (including cooperation and teamwork)
PS – I forgot to tell her that the next book, to be called Change For the Better, is already in process and will address the challenge of leading organizational change.
Posted by Terrence Seamon on Monday November 19, 2012