Indian jobsite market has long remained the stronghold of Naukri and Monster. Timesjobs and Clickjobs are also there. Over the last five years after Monster tookover and killed jobsahead, we have seen a handful of entrants itpeople.com, cybermediadice.com etc but none of them managed to make a significant dent in the market or eat into the share of the two market leaders and most of them wound up. Careerbuilder is still experimenting with patnerships and is yet to make a significant share.
A review of the e-recruitment industry in India from End 2008/early 2009:
- US-based job search engine Simply Hired, a metasearch engine for job listings (thus also an example of vertical search), which claims to have more than six million job listings worldwide, launched its India specific site SimplyHired.co.in. Simplyhired consolidates jobs from the top job boards, content sites, newspapers, organizations and company career sites together to offer job seekers a single, powerful job search site – October 2008
- Techtribe a jobs referral site shuts down, cites that the business model dint work out.- Jan 2009
- Naukri launches www.firstnaukri.com , a fresher jobsite. – Feb 2009
- Naukri launches chatbot for jobs – Mar 2009
- New Online job referral site www.zyoin.com launched. – March 2009
- Yellojobs [Yellomdedia [Bangkok] and NDTV joint venture in India, shut Indian ops – Mar 2009
- Recession has taken its on the online market: Sanjeev Bikhchandani, CEO of job portal naukri.com said the Rs 800-crore online advertisement market has been growing at about 20-25 per cent annually. But, the segment suffered last fiscal and the trend is likely to continue this fiscal, he said. – Aug 2009
- Monster.com launches rozgarduniya.com, a job engine for those in rural regions, in collaboration with ITC’s e-Choupal venture. The site is currently available in English and Hindi and can be accessed at e-Choupals in 4 states — Madhya Pradesh, Maharashta, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan. The company plans to extend this to all the e-Choupals soon.
- Naukri launches a salary comparison tool named Naukri Paycheck. – Aug 2009
- Timesjobs announced Campusdirect, similar to Naukri’s FirstNaukri.com
- Monster ties up with DishTV
- Clickjobs which launched the pay per contact model.
- Timesjobs launched the Globalconnect platform
- Naukri launches premium section. http://www.naukri.com/premium.php
- Wallstreetjournal adds naukri as the partner for its premiumjobs.
- Linkedin sets up India office.