Is employee engagement an if for you?
Sometimes employee engagement seems iffy:
- If only my managers was better.
- If only I didn’t work with this team.
- If only I could change jobs.
- If only this was a different company.
- If only I was younger or older.
- If only I wasn’t so tired.
- If only I could find something I believe in.
- If only someone else or something else would change.
- If only they would pay me better.
- If only someone would recognize me.
- If only I could retire.
- If only I didn’t have so many family demands.
- If only I was in charge.
- If only I wasn’t in charge.
Don’t make engagement an iffy proposition. Determine what you can do right now without the if or the when to experience engagement as a selfish gift to yourself. And if some things need to change, as they often do, don’t forget to get engaged in working at making those changes.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
David Zinger, M.Ed., is an employee engagement writer, educator, speaker, coach, and consultant. David founded and moderates the 2400 member Employee Engagement Network. His website offers 1000 posts/articles relating to employee engagement and reached over 1,000,000 page views in under 4 months in 2010. David is involved in the application of Enterprise 2.0 approaches to engagement and the precursor, creating engaging approaches to communication, collaboration, and community within Enterprise 2.0.
Book David for education, speaking, and coaching on engagement today for 2010.
Email: [email protected] Phone 204 254 2130 Website: www.davidzinger.com