Posted by Michael VanDervort
HR Florida Social Media Academy
This two-part social media program offers HR professionals a unique opportunity to gain a complete overview of the social media phenomenon in one day from HR practitioners who use social media tools in their daily work.
The HR Florida Social Media Academy will provide a comprehensive hands-on learning experience for human resources professionals who need to jump-start their knowledge of social media. The Social Media Academy experience is broken into two separate sessions, designed to provide meaningful insight for everyone from the complete novice to the more
Session One (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
An introduction to social media (no social media experience required)
The Social Media Academy – session one experience will include a basic overview of the major social platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, including creation of your own personal accounts; hands on demonstrations of these platforms, and instruction of how these tools can be put to work in your HR office immediately. We will show you how to find experts and HR professionals in the blogosphere, and leverage these connections to build strong professional connections, and tap into their knowledge and expertise. You will also receive a “starter kit” of resources to help you easily build your on-line social network.
- Upon completing this session, attendees will have a basic understanding of the key social media platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, and understand how to leverage these tools as part of their professional toolkit.
- Upon completing this session, attendees understand how to effectively navigate the “blogosphere’, and how social media tools can be put to work in the workplace for professional networking, HR knowledge building, and leveraging the expertise of social media connections.
- Upon completing this session, attendees will possess an understanding of social media that will allow them to provide advice and guidance to management on this developing workplace issue. Increasingly HR professionals are called upon to develop social media policy and practice, or investigate employee issues arising out of this rapidly developing area.
Session Two (1:00 pm – 4 pm)
Putting social media to work on the job (requires a basic understanding of social media tools like Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn)
The Social Media Academy – session two experience will include demonstrations of how these tools can be put to work in your HR office immediately. Specific topics covered will include successful social media policy and practices, using social media for brand monitoring and protection, social media recruiting, and putting the power of “real time” information to work.
- Increasingly HR professionals are called upon to develop social media policy and practice, or investigate employee issues arising out of this rapidly developing area. Upon completing this session, attendees will understand the best practices of social media, including developing issues and trends related to the development of social media policies in the workplace, and conducting reviews and investigations related to social media activity by employees.
- Upon completing this session, attendees will know how to use social media for the monitoring and protection of their personal and corporate brand, including research tips and resources for conducting “real-time” research.
- Upon completion of this session, attendees will be equipped to begin using social media tools to implement specific strategic workplace initiatives taking advantage of these tools, including recruiting, recognition, and employee engagement.