It’s time to occupy the holiday office party
It’s that time of year again.
The grizzled old miner spouting frontier gibberish in Blazing Saddles is shouting “The holidays are getting nearer.”
Inevitabely someone will show up in the HR office and ask the hated question. “What are we doing about the office
Christmas holiday party celebration?”
I have good news. This is not another post bemoaning the perennial HR issues with planning the office holiday party. This is an offer to share your deepest thoughts about the three thing that are often closest to the heart of every HR professional.
Compensation, benefits and preformance appraisal. No not those three!
After a discussion with Robin Schooling, we have decided that it is very appropriate to offer HR bloggers the opportunity to write about their favorite themes. So here’s the challenge and the rules, such as they are:
1. Write a blog post using the three word theme of “Booze, Sex and HR” as your main theme.
2. Title of the post needs to include the three words as well
3. Everyone should publish their post on 11/30/2011
4. Tweet your post out with hashtag #boozesexhr so we can track them
5. No other rules, and no policy manual
Oh, I’ll send a bottle of 4 Orange premium Vodka to the person who writes the story I like best. We’ll be happy to accept sponsorships and celebrity blog contributions as well – maybe we can get Toby from the Office to write a post.
- Labor action at Starbucks on MLK Day Image via Wikipedia Starbucks to be target of union…
- This is what social-media policy in a unionized workplace looks like? – The Employer Handbook Blog Via Scoop.it – Labor and employee Relations Do you…
- Labor Board delivers a three-punch knockout for unions – The Employer Handbook Blog Via Scoop.it – Labor and employee Relations Yesterday, the…
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.