Next time you are bored to death (by routine?), you can try to challenge yourself (get in done in 15 minutes and go home) or up the skill level (teach the process to someone else or prepare a bank deposit without a calculator ).
Next time you feel anxious or worried, consider being more confident in your skills (“Employee performance problem? No worries, I have the communication skills to effectively deal with it”). Or consider taking a course to learn more about the thing that causes you to worry.
When you experience flow, you
– have a goal in mind
– are very concentrated
– are not self-conscious
– have a distorted sense of time
– learn immediately when you’ve done something right or wrong
– have achieved a balance of skill level and challenge
– feel a sense of control
– are intrinsically rewarded
– are not very aware of physical needs
– are absorbed by the activity/in the moment