Welcome to the Human Capital League, a moderated online business community for workplace professionals and people who advise them.
To use most of the community features of this site, you need to sign up. Once a registered member, you can create your own profile and view the profiles of others. You can also leave comments, rate posts, and directly connect with other members. And you can feed your existing blogs to the content flow of Human Capital League or create posts directly on our site.
Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about getting started. If you still have any questions feel free to contact us here.
1. How do I register?
- Click Sign Up on the top-right navigation bar
- On the Create an Account page, provide your username, first and last names, e-mail address, and a password.
Note: Your username will appear on your posts and comments.
- Enter the Characters shown.in the box.
- Click Complete Sign Up.
- Check your email for an Activate Your Account email.
- Click the link within the email to activate your account.
- You can now log in to your account with the Username and Password you entered when signing up.
- Once you’re logged in to your account, you can update your profile by selecting Profile then Edit.
You can now add additional profile details including a profile picture (Avatar).
- If you decide later you want to change or add profile details, click on your name in the top right hand corner of your browser and select Profile > Edit.
2. How do I connect to other members?
You can connect with other members of HCL to create a network of members you want to communicate directly with. When a member accepts your invitation, he or she is then listed in your Friends, which means it’s easy for you to send messages at any time.
To add a member to your Friends List (which makes it very simple for you to communicate with them)
- Click on their name
- Click Add Friend
To send a message to another member
- Click on their name
- Select whether to send them a private message or public message
- Fill out the message form and click Send Message
3. To create a post directly on HCL
- When you’re logged in, click on + New in the top left corner of your browser.
- Select New.
- Enter your blog title and content.
- From the right hand side, select the category your post should appear in.
- When you’re done adding your blog post, click Submit for Review.
- You can also save what you’ve written as a draft and publish it later.
Once your post is submitted for review, the system will automatically pull in your latest post, which will be reviewed by an editor. (If you have a new post that hasn’t shown up yet on the front page, it simply means that the editor is taking a nap, decided it wasn’t on target, somebody else had already done it, or it wasn’t all that great. Don’t be discouraged.)
Note: By posting here directly, you are giving us your unrestricted but non-exclusive permission to use your content on this site.
5. How do I change my password, email, photo or alias?
- Click on Profile under your picture (Avatar).
- Click on Edit to update your personal information, About Me, Work Focus and Contact Info.
- To add/change your profile image (Avatar), click on Change Avatar next to Edit and follow the steps provided.
We highly recommend keeping your profile up-to-date as other members and website visitors will be interested in learning more about you.