Get Smart with Your Employees
Don’t get the title of this post wrong. I am not suggesting we depersonalize employees and treat them like objects. What I am suggesting is we treat employees as well as most of us treat our smart phone.
Here is what I mean:
- We never get too far away from our phone.
- We make ourselves available to our phone almost all the time.
- We gaze at the screen with a powerful focus.
- We recharge our phone every day.
- We rely on our phone.
So here are the 5 employee engagement lessons:
- stay close to your employees
- make yourself available,
- really look at your employees many times throughout the day,
- charge employees up each day,
- rely on your employees.
David Zinger is an employee engagement speaker and expert who loves employee engagement and is also fond of his trusted, but somewhat aging, Samsung Galaxy s5.