I will travelling and speaking for most of this week but will share what I have learned when I get back. This will be my first time addressing the European Environment Agency in Copenhagen and I look forward to meeting many new people. Here is what I will be talking about:
Keynote: Working Smarter in the Learning Organisation
As complexity increases in the networked economy, we need to integrate learning into the workflow. Communities of practice bridge the gap between getting work done and serendipitously connecting to looser social networks. Learning and development in the networked workplace must move from content delivery to community enablement. Harold Jarche will present a new framework for working smarter which includes the narration of work, transparency and knowledge-sharing to increase innovation.
I will also be running a workshop for managers:
Workshop: Coaching in the Learning Organisation
Harold Jarche will discuss some new approaches to support informal and social learning in the workplace. If problems and environments are becoming more complex, and are changing so quickly that our level of information will always be inadequate, there are some new qualities that learning coaches will need:
1. Openness to learning, not only from our peers, but from our employees and their contacts.
2. Flexibility in our learning approaches; helping people understand how they learn best.
3. The ability to be a generalist, moving in and out of learning situations as required.
4. The skill to develop large-scale social networks in order to access help in solving employee problems.
5. An understanding of how networks operate in the exchange and development of knowledge.