The COVID-19 pandemic—as well as other hardships over the past year including racial unrest—has not made things easy for organizations or for HR leaders. Companies were largely unprepared for the pandemic and its many associated challenges, while the emergence of new technologies and the continuing digital transformation have made organizations reprioritize goals and come up with new approaches to leadership.
Those are among the vital topics being discussed on the second day of the virtual Spring HR Technology Conference & Exposition. Mimi Brooks, CEO of Logical Design Solutions, will open the conference Wednesday (at 11 a.m. EDT) with her keynote, Building Sustainable, High Performance Organizations of Tomorrow. Her session will address how progressive companies are busy reimagining and rethinking their business models to compete in this volatile digital age.
And Jessica Lee, vice president of global performance and talent advisory at Marriott, will dive deep into challenges the hotel chain, and its HR leaders, faced in the last year—and the lessons learned—during her closing keynote, Leading Through the Tough Times and Shaping the Employee Experience (at 4:45 p.m. EDT).
Both keynoters will participate in a live Q&A after their sessions.
Also on the agenda for Wednesday are several core sessions, including:
- Let Data-Driven Recruiting Lead You to Better Hires (at noon EDT), which will discuss what metrics are most important to hiring success, and strategies and approaches to measure them.
- Plan and Execute Data-driven Talent Strategies with Artificial Intelligence (1 p.m. EDT), which will examine how AI will play a key role in helping leaders deliver holistic, personalized experiences that help candidates and employees develop their skills while also delivering value to the organization.
- Don’t Get Left Behind: The Programmatic Revolution Starts Now (2 p.m. EDT), which will debut the latest findings from Aptitude Research on the importance of programmatic job advertising and its role in recruitment spend ROI.
- Optimize, Automate and Reimagine Paid Time Off to Boost Engagement and Reduce Costs (3 p.m. EDT), which will discuss the importance of paid time off for employees and how organizations can inspire employees to take leave without causing workflow disruptions.
- Earned Wage Access: Reimagining the Future of How Workers Get Paid (4 p.m. EDT), which will highlight the benefits of Earned Wage Access, with a brief introduction of what EWA is and the breadth of employer and employee benefits it creates.
Throughout the day, tech talks, solution provider sessions and demos offer the opportunity to see the tech powering today’s HR trends in action. In between sessions, participants can connect in the Networking Lounge or disconnect in the Relaxation Lounge, while in the Exhibitor area guests can directly connect with more than 100 solution providers to ask questions, explore product information and videos, and request demos.
The virtual Spring HR Technology Conference & Exposition runs through March 19 and is free to attend. Register here.