Here is my Christmas Wish List:
- I (junior manager) would love to be challenged (more), trained (more) and mentored (more) by a senior manager.
- Help me become an integral part of the team. Tell me that it’s not about me.
- Collaborating with other managers is awesome. Give me a chance to do it more often.
- Organizational values/mission, alignment, emotional competence, networking, team building, all the other stuff I need to know – teach me (again and again).
- Allow me to make mistakes.
- The bottom-line matters most, I understand that. Now help me re-humanize my workplace.
- Don’t let me become a bosshole!
tempted to say that if I don’t get what I want, I’ll quit and work
someplace cooler, but I’m trying to show some integrity here. Plus, the
economy sucks and I’m not sure if the 100 Best Companies To Work For are hiring right now…)
Your greatest asset (one of them)