At CSI international, we think that organizational culture is queen.
Without a clear and vibrant culture we think you are destined to be a laggard.
I think it is fascinating to contrast your company culture with organizations that you admire.
At CSI we admire Hubspot; both the technology as well as the culture their founders have instilled.
Take a look at a summary of the things Hubspot thinks are most important to create a winning culture in these highlights from the HubSpot Culture Code:
1) Culture is to recruiting as product is to marketing.
2) Whether you like it or not, you’re going to have a culture. Why not make it one you love?
3) Solve For The Customer — not just their happiness, but also their success.
4) Power is now gained by sharing knowledge, not hoarding it.
5) “Sunlight is the best disinfectant.”
6) You shouldn’t penalize the many for the mistakes of the few.
7) Results should matter more than when or where they are produced.
8) Influence should be independent of hierarchy.
9) Great people want direction on where they’re going — not directions on how to get there.
10) “Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.”
11) We’d rather be failing frequently than never trying.
Take a look at those attributes and compare them to how you and your organization operate.
How do your attributes align with Hubspot?
As you know by now, at CSI international we think your culture is the cumulative effect of the experiences and stories being told about you internally.
My money is is betting on Hubspot’s stories being positive.
How about yours?
PS. For more on the Hubspot Culture Code, check out this slideshare or visit their blog.