“There is a great man who makes every man feel small. But the real great man is the man who makes every man feel great.” –G.K. Chesterton
We have a range of coaching processes to deal with life in its various forms from life itself to work, sports, finance and more recently our engagement with animals in its numerous aspects of whispering – horse, dog, elephant – you name it……
Confining our discussion to business coaching for now, lets look at the benefits of Coaching leaders :
- It helps leaders find new and innovative ways to address the interpersonal skills of leading others
- In helps leaders to challenge the status quo mentality in order to discover better ways to achieve objectives
- It helps leaders to develop a compelling vision of the future for their organization thus providing the staff with meaning in the workplace.
- It helps leaders to empower others thus creating trust and encourages a learning organization.
- It helps leaders build workplace continuity by ensuring solid bench strength
- It helps leaders to build their credibility in the workplace
We are all too familiar with the impact of leader behavior on others and on the organization’s performance. As role models, leaders set the example and either give life to the company’s values or cause others to become skeptical.
As Kouzes & Posner have been saying for a number of years, exemplary leaders focus on ;
Challenging the process
Inspiring a Shared Vision
Enabling others to Act
Encouraging the Heart
Modeling the way
Their world renowned 360 degree LPI (Leadership Practices Inventory) is ideal for establishing a sustainable and solid leadership development process within any organisation. You will find their highly acclaimed book at this link:
The Leadership Challenge
The results of the 360 degree survey can be used to develop a comprehensive individual plan based on the 5 practices of exemplary leadership and provides the ideal coaching opportunity in order to raise the leadership bar.
Coaching Leaders was first posted on December 14, 2011 at 12:41 pm.
©2011 “Organisational Leadership“. Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at [email protected]
Link to original posthttp://transperform.uk.com/blog