Last year, Victorio challenged all of us to put up or shut up on our goals for 2010. Well, I don’t like to shut up (I can hear your laughter-be nice now) so I guess I had to put up. Here were my three goals:
- I will get a job, dammit.
- I will do my part to increase participation on both the HR Happy Hour & the Carnival of HR.
- Even if I fail on the crazy dream I’ve been pursuing for, like, the last year, I will pick myself up and go for it again.
See, nothing too crazy and full of secret plan vagueness, just like a good minion. I mean, I could have added world domination in there but isn’t that like self-evident by this point? Anyway, now Victorio wants to hold us accountable, so a month and a half into the new year, I have to make sure I’m putting up.
- I will get a job, dammit – Alas, I do not have any happy news on this goal yet.
- I will do my part to increase participation on both the HR Happy Hour & the Carnival of HR – I think that, so far into the new year, this has been quite successful! All hosting spots for the Carnival of HR are full for 2010 and I have a back up list! Participation remains steady or improved as well. As for the HR Happy Hour I can confidently say that the show’s popularity seems to grow each week. Of course, that’s not just me; this is the ‘Year of Steve Boese‘ after all.
- Even if I fail on the crazy dream I’ve been pursuing for, like, the last year, I will pick myself up and go for it again – Well, I already mentioned in this post what my crazy dream was (Foreign Service) and that I did in fact fail. It was a hard way to start the year. But the most important part of this goal was that if I did fail, I would pick myself up and try again. And that is exactly what I am going to do. I’m not giving up my dream of working in Mongolia, err, I mean serving my country, that easily.
So there you have it: Some good news, some bad, but in the end, I still have a lot of year left so I better keep putting up since I know I ain’t going to shut up.