- CDs are FDIC insure up to a quarter of a million dollars. This makes them an extremely safe investment for people who do not wish to take the risk of investments such as the stock market.
- Although you don’t have the same return on investment as you would with riskier investments, the return is still higher than it is for a traditional savings account. This is because you are required to leave your money in the CD for a specific period of time. That’s not to say that you cannot withdraw the money, but there will be a financial penalty for withdrawal.
- You will be able to choose a CD that works for you. There are several different kinds of CDs with different rules, returns and requirements. This allows an investor to explore what would be best for them in their financial goals. When choosing a CD, keep your family’s goals in mind.
- You can be certain of a return on this investment. In today’s economy, having a certain return on investment is more than ideal. It is essential for many people in our society. What was once taken for granted, has become paramount.
Money Markets – The benefits of investing in Money Markets are:
- Money Markets are quite safe places to allow your money to earn more money. The return isn’t as large as it is for some stocks, but you are not running the risk of the stock market either. This makes Money Markets attractive to people who can’t afford the risk as well as people who have previously made use of the stock market and need somewhere to put their money so that they can still get a return until they are ready to invest again.
- It is easy to make a withdrawal from your Money Market account. When there are fees, the fees are relatively small and you can withdrawal your money any time you see fit.
- Depending up on your bank or credit union there may be fees associated with your Money Market account. This is why it is important to do extensive research before investing in any account.
Money Market accounts and CDs have may benefits and are safe places to put your money to get a small return. They are easy to navigate and understand and you are able to withdrawal your money at any time.
For more information you can get a free investment newsletter which has extensive information about CDs, Money Market Accounts, stocks, gold and silver purchases. Get updates and stay ahead of trends as you expand your wealth, become more knowledgeable and learn more about how to make your money work for you.