Meeting with a Chief Operations Officer of a Health Care Organization, whose team I have been consulting and coaching.
We are working to create clearer definition of goals (QQT/R); accountability & authority of managers; create stability in an uncertain and changing environment; plus institute a Succession and Talent Pool Development plan – it is really fun work.
He asked, “Mike are there some questions I should be asking the directors at the monthly check-in meetings, just to ensure that we are moving together and that we stay on target for our annual and 3 year strategic goals?”
YES, yes there is…and these questions can be cascaded through the organization. Creating a shared language that is known and expected from everyone in the department.
6 Coaching Questions for Managers & Teams
1. What’s the goal that you’re working towards?
2. What progress have you made so far?
0—1—2—3—4—5—6—7—8—9—10 – with 10 being you have achieved the goal and 0 being the opposite, where are you right now?
3. What have you already accomplished that you are proud of?
4. Looking at where you are now, and what you have accomplished, what is your next step?
5. What do you expect to have happen when you take the next step?
6. When can we meet again and share what you have done, have learned, and accomplished?
What do you think?
What questions would you think are appropriate? What would you subtract from the questions? How would you simplify the questions?
michael cardus is create-learning