Take advantage of one of the hottest trends online right now.
Why would you want to use an infographic on your job search?
- A creative resume, designed by you, such as a mindmap resume
- Show off your achievements on a personal website, Pinterest profile or Facebook page
- A memorable work experience timeline
- Sell your candidacy with numbers from your proven track record
Latest update: November 8th, 2012
All the free resources you need for DIY information graphics
Here are the tools, listed in no specific order, with their official descriptions.
All are free to use, although some are ‘beta’ and may change later, and all paid sites have a free option (and not just a time-limited trial):
1. Visual.ly – Like infographics and data visualization? Visual.ly is the world’s largest community of infographics and data visualization. Come explore, share, and create.
2. Kinzaa – lets you build visually stunning infographic resumes.
3. CVGram.me – Share your unique skills in a trendy visualization and stand out from the crowd!
4. Brazen Careerist Facebook App – Check out your infographic resume and career portfolio now!
5. PiktoChart -Make Information Beautiful. Create infographics. Engaging presentation app.
6. Vizualize.me – Vizualize your resume in one click.
7. Re.vu – a complete rethinking of what a resume can be.
8. Dipity – Create an interactive, visually engaging timeline in minutes. Use dynamic visualization tools to display photos, videos, news and blogs in chronological order. Browse through visually stunning timelines created by popular newspapers, politicians, celebrities, teachers and the Dipity community.
9. LinkedIn InMaps – Map your professional network to understand the relationships between you and your connections.
10. ResumUP – a service which shows you who and what you need to know to achieve all your career goals.
11. Infogr.am – Create infographics and interactive online charts. It’s free and super-easy! Follow other users and discover amazing data stories!
12. Easel.ly – create and share visual ideas online
13. Tableau – Tableau Public is a free tool that brings data to life. Easy to use. Spectacularly powerful. Data In. Brilliance Out.
14. Vizify – Quickly turn your social media data into a series of colorful infographics that can help you stand out and get hired.
15. Tweet Sheet – Your Twitter activity as an instant infographic.
16. Fourgraph.me – Instantly create Foursquare infographs
17. Stat Silk – Create interactive maps using the award-winning free StatPlanet software. Explore thousands of world stats through interactive maps and data visualizations.
18. Creately – Easily draw diagrams online using Creately’s online diagramming tool. Start drawing any diagram type now using free templates and examples
19. Wordle – a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes.
20. Tagxedo – turns words — famous speeches, news articles, slogans and themes, even your love letters — into a visually stunning word cloud, words individually sized appropriately to highlight the frequencies of occurrence within the body of text.
21. Many Eyes – this IBM experiment lets you try many different types of visualizations, and judging by the people who have, will help inspire your creativity.
22. Cacoo – a user friendly online drawing tool that allows you to create a variety of diagrams such as site maps, wire frames, UML and network charts. Cacoo can be used free of charge.
23. Free Mind – a premier free mind-mapping software written in Java.
24. Mind42 – Mind42 is a free online mindmap collaboration tool. You can easily share and develop your ideas with your friends.
25. icharts – iCharts accelerates data storytelling with simplistic, interactive, visualization tools for big and small data providers.
26. ChartsBin – ChartsBin.com is a web-based data visualization tool that will allow everyone to quickly and easily create rich interactive visualizations with their own data.
27. The Brain – provides advanced Mind Mapping Software and Knowledge Management Software that uses visualization and intuitive concept maps.
28. Product Planner – was born out of the need to help people understand and create user flows for their web products. The idea is that by looking at examples of other successful web products, you can get a better idea of how to create your own. (It’s also a really nice tool to show workflows.)
29. Diagrammr – create and share diagrams by writing sentences!
30. Gliffy – Easily create professional-quality flowcharts, diagrams, floor plans, technical drawings, and more!
31. Diagram.ly – a surprisingly-powerful, free diagram tool
32. Chart Gizmo – With your free account from ChartGizmo you can now create charts for your website, blog and social network profiles.
33. Hohli – online charts builder based on Google Charts API
34. Bubbl.us -Brainstorming made easy
35. Chart Go – create a graph online quickly.
36. Chartle – Over 1 billion charts, maps, plots and diagrams are found in print publications each year – but only 40 million online.
37. Pie Color – Web tool that makes pie chart with color.
38. Online Chart Tool – Create online graphs and charts. Choose from different chart types, like: line and bar charts, pie charts, scatter graphs, XY graph and pie charts.
39. Google Fusion Tables – Google Fusion Tables lets you discover, visualize, expand and share data tables.
40. Google Chart API – Google chart tools are powerful, simple to use, and free. Try out our rich gallery of interactive charts and data tools.
41. Chart Part – Google Chart API and Chart Generator Tool
42. Gap Minder – Unveiling the beauty of statistics for a fact based world view. (You can make your own visualizations using publicly-available information, perhaps to back up something said in your resume or in an interview.)
43. Gephi – an interactive visualization and exploration platform for all kinds of networks and complex systems, dynamic and hierarchical graphs.
44. PhotoStats – Create cool infographics about how, when and where you take photos on iPhone. Visualize your iPhoneography habits, learn how to make better photos and show off photo skills to your friends.
- 12 Free Tools To Promote Your Job Search Self
- 10 Easy Steps To Design Your Own Personal Infographic
- Ask the Readers: What Are Your Favorite Job Search Tools?
A version of this article originally appeared here: